We can all agree that pizza is the best food, right?
One of my favorite pizzas in the world lives just down the street from my house at Flatbread Company in Davis Square, Somerville. It’s their Mopsy Kalua Pork Pie (pulled pork, BBQ sauce, red onions, pineapple, cheese) and holy heck is it good. I love recreating my favorite restaurant meals at home (not to cheap out, but to challenge my cooking chops and to figure out if I can create a comparable recipe). Well here’s my take on the Mopsy and it came out pretty dang good, if I do say so myself.
Nine Steps to Recreating One Of The Best Pizzas of All Time:
1) Make one batch of homemade pizza dough. Let it rise for 1-2 hours.
2) Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 500 degrees.
3) Roll out the dough, using coarse cornmeal so that it doesn’t stick. Transfer to a piece of parchment paper.
4) Stretch/roll the dough out onto the hot pizza stone.
5) Layer on your choice of BBQ sauce.
6) Sprinkle on a generous layer of mozzarella cheese.
7) Top with thinly sliced red onions, pineapple, and pulled pork.
8) Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes (or until the cheese is melted and top is brown).
9) Slice and enjoy. Read: eat all of and be impressed with yourself.