I recently caught an episode of America’s Test Kitchen from last year in which oil misters were the subject of the Gadget Guru segment (watch here). The winner was the Mastrad Oil Mister which I naturally needed to have immediately. After being sold out for months, I finally ordered and received my very own from Amazon.
The oil mister only holds about 1/3 cup of oil at a time (see fill line picture below). The rest of the air is used to build the pressure for the non-aerosol pump and spray action.
Despite the rave reviews, there are pros and cons to this oil mister.
- The spray itself is quite even – not as even as in the video though.
- I wish I had ordered the BPA free mister (I didn’t know they were even making one until I was doing some research for this post!).
- I had hoped it would hold more oil.
- It is easy to use.
- It’s not super easy to clean (not dishwasher safe anyway).
- It is environmentally friendly (reusable and refillable) which pretty much trumps everything else.
(Product reviews are never sponsored; they are just my musings on products I’ve tried and want to share with you.)