It’s officially Fall and football season! You know what that means – QUESO!
Recipe: The Best Queso Ever (yields 2 servings, can be scaled up for a larger quantity)
8 oz. milk
4 oz. cream cheese
3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 lb. ground turkey
4 oz. can of green chiles (I used 2/3 can)
2 tbsp. taco seasoning mix
Here’s what you do:
- Brown your ground meat over medium/high heat. You could use beef or chicken. I used turkey. Whatever floats your boat! If you’re vegetarian, you could skip the meat altogether and this would still be the best queso.
- In a separate pan, melt together the cream cheese and milk over medium heat, whisking often. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the cheddar cheese, reduce heat to low, and continue whisking until fully melted/combined (another 1-2 minutes).
- When the cheese mixture is smooth, add in the meat, chiles, and taco seasoning. Stir to combine thoroughly. Cook together over low heat for 5-10 minutes so the flavors come together.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. I serve my queso with hearty tortilla chips but you could serve with veggies, pita bread, pretzels – whatever you like!