I’m at the halfway point between when I originally posted my 30 Before 30 Project and my 30th birthday.
So, with 91 days done and 81 to go, here the update on my 30 Before 30 Project:
Donate to two non-profit organizations– I made donations to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (very dear to my family) and to the Somerville Public Library (our local library that is fabulous).
- Have a TV free week
- Swim in open water
Plant something (and hopefully not kill it)– We’ve been loving and enjoying our thriving garden! Visit my sister, bro-in-law, and nephews in Richmond, Virginia– Was there last week, pictures soon! Plan an entire surprise date day for my husband– Done! Read all about it here.
- Buy new chef’s knives (I’ve been pricing out Shun’s based on the recommendations I received.)
Organize my memory box and create scrapbooks for the last several years– Done! With an Adventures in Scrapbooking post to boot.
- Fully clean out my closet and donate clothes – You know, I did this right away after posting my 30 Before 30 Project but now I feel like I need to do it again…
Advance my career (broadly stated for now)– Done, new job acquired! I broadly stated this before because I didn’t want to mention specifics even though I was job hunting in full effect when I wrote my 30×30 post.
- Express true gratitude to 10 people (friends, family, or strangers) in a meaningful way (visit, phone call, letter, email, card, etc.) – I haven’t been counting, per se, but having this goal on here has made me increasingly grateful in my daily life and I’ve been much more vocal about it in general.
- Read 5 classics from the Modern Library Association’s 100 Best Novels list – This may end up being the hardest goal on this list, ugh!
- Buy 3 different vegetables I’ve never had before at the farmer’s market, create an original recipe using them, and post it on my blog
- Make 5 crafty things I’ve seen on Pinterest – On my way! I made a DIY Camera Strap and Lens Cap Pocket already. I have another project done and ready to be blogged about this week!
- Play 5 board games I’ve never played – It’s happening! Played Dominion and Bohnanza for the first time and have become obsessed!
Visit 3 museums– This was was easy and finished completely on our cross country road trip: Henry Ford Museum in Michigan, Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, and the Old Prison Museum/Montana Auto Museum in Deer Lodge, Montana. Watch 5 documentaries– This may have been my favorite goal to complete.
- Eat 1,400 healthy calories per day for one week
- Exercise every day for one week (really exercise, like with an elevated heart rate)
- Combine the previous two for one week
- Sew a dress
- Host a Ladies Only dinner party
- Take a cross stitch/embroidery class
- Clean out our basement
- Install a backsplash in our kitchen
- Compile my own personal Best of Boston list
- Listen to all of my favorite band’s albums, with intent not just in the background, start to finish (it’s R.E.M. and they have 15 full studio albums) – I’ve done a few so far!
- Hike at The Fells 10 times – Ooof, this flat out might not happen.
Reorganize the Recipes page on my blog– Done!
- Take pictures of as many of these 30×30 projects as I complete them and post them on my blog
I really like 11. More people should try it. I know i will!
#9 is one I keep feeling like I need to do over and over again. I’m surprised I have clothes left!
I know, right??