We had a huge bash two weekends ago for John’s birthday and I wanted to share the menu!
First things first, party staples. I believe that all good party spreads should have the following:
- Flowers – Pretties up the tablescape and makes any occasion feel really special.
- A cute tablecloth – I custom sewed three for our living room tables but any will do. It adds to the party atmosphere and prevents messes.
- Disposable plates and cutlery – We recycle these so it’s not totally wasteful but I really believe disposables are a party must, who want to do all those dishes otherwise?
- Pickies (my family always called them that) – In addition to real food I think it’s a must to put out stuff like M&Ms, crackers, goldfish, cheese (see below), etc. for folks to graze on.
- A fun, and separate, beverage area (see below) – I like having a variety of cold drinks, apart from the food, for people to choose from.
On to the menu! I made and served the following for John’s birthday party:
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Caprese Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Feta Guacamole
- Lavender Mead Arnold Palmer (shown at the bottom)
- Birthday Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (not pictured)
I found those adorable owls on my Pinterest travels and thought they would make adorable labels for the party spread. Why not take on a craft project in addition to all the cooking and baking I did!?
Below is our requisite beverage area stocked with cold water, beer, mead, root beer, a church key, and plenty of cups. Also, see cheese in the background.
What are your party must haves??