We had a huge bash two weekends ago for John’s birthday and I wanted to share the menu!
First things first, party staples. I believe that all good party spreads should have the following:
- Flowers – Pretties up the tablescape and makes any occasion feel really special.
- A cute tablecloth – I custom sewed three for our living room tables but any will do. It adds to the party atmosphere and prevents messes.
- Disposable plates and cutlery – We recycle these so it’s not totally wasteful but I really believe disposables are a party must, who want to do all those dishes otherwise?
- Pickies (my family always called them that) – In addition to real food I think it’s a must to put out stuff like M&Ms, crackers, goldfish, cheese (see below), etc. for folks to graze on.
- A fun, and separate, beverage area (see below) – I like having a variety of cold drinks, apart from the food, for people to choose from.
On to the menu! I made and served the following for John’s birthday party:
- Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Caprese Salad
- Pasta Salad
- Feta Guacamole
- Lavender Mead Arnold Palmer (shown at the bottom)
- Birthday Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (not pictured)
I found those adorable owls on my Pinterest travels and thought they would make adorable labels for the party spread. Why not take on a craft project in addition to all the cooking and baking I did!?
Below is our requisite beverage area stocked with cold water, beer, mead, root beer, a church key, and plenty of cups. Also, see cheese in the background.
What are your party must haves??
“Also, see cheese in the background.” hahaha, cracked up for no reason at that.
LOL – I aim to please!
Nice job, Kim! Looks like a happy spread.
Looks delicious! My party must haves is a lot of glasses! I’m always amazed how many people will set their drink down and get another one without finishing. It’s fine, but I always make sure I have plenty of glass ware!
I agree, such a must have!
The owls stole the show for me!!! I am a huge fan of drinks tags… either wine rings or writing names or something funny on red plastic cups. Otherwise the night ends with way too many half full beers :)
Aren’t they cute??
I like that too, we left a sharpie out too for the solo cups :)