I can’t remember a year where I needed my holiday break as bad as I do this year. I don’t know why but it just feels so overdue right now. I’ve always worked in higher ed so every year I get a pretty awesome break, and this year it works out to almost 2 weeks of time off. I . Am. Thrilled. Even better is that now that John and I work at the same institution, we get a big huge break together!
I plan to do a whole lot of nothing over break but I know myself: I need a little fun thrown in there too! Here is my little 10 item holiday break bucket list. No pressure, just good things I want to do for myself to occupy my time off.
- Listen to all of Serial (because the hubs, and everyone else in the universe, won’t stop telling me to).
- Make latkes.
- Go to the movies, like a bunch. (I want to see so many movies! The Hobbit, Wild, The Imitation Game, Birdman, The Hunger Games, The Theory of Everything)
- Take many walks.
- Plan our 2015 budget.
- Do a big deep clean of the house and donate a bunch of stuff.
- Reorganize our basement. We got several inches of water two weeks ago and I’ve been avoiding the aftermath ever since.
- Read two books.
- Go to yoga as much as possible.
- Be present and really enjoy not being at work, not being locked into my regular routine, taking a mental break, no obligations, no appointments, and no commitments.
How will you spend your holiday time off?