Even though I realized that my 30 Before 30 Project may have been a bit too ambitious it did reinforce my need to have concrete goals. Ever since my birthday, when my 30×30 ended, I’ve given myself a pass. I’ve languished, gotten lazy, eaten way too much Halloween candy. In short, I’ve been feeling crappy and off my game. I don’t know why exactly. It’s the never-ending battle of me vs. motivation, I guess.
I’ve been reluctant to make this list actually because of my lingering lethargy. I get small bursts of feeling productive or creative and write everything down. But then I become apathetic. Here’s the hard thing about goals: once you make them you have to keep them. If you avoid making them in the first place, you don’t have to feel bad when you ultimately bail on them. But I know deep down I don’t want to be someone who bails; I deserve a lot better than that. I was in a bad place just a few short months ago and by letting myself be lazy and not care, I’m right back to that place even though life is so much brighter now.
So, with that said, here’s me making a list and posting it here to keep myself accountable. I have 26 days until the end of the month and I think these are all doable before then.
- Make three new crafty projects – 1 patchwork/quilting, 1 embroidery, 1 bonus.
- Visit 3 local craft stores I’ve never been to.
- Go to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum once on my lunch break to check out the new wing.
- Try working out at the gym before work, at least once.
- Log calories for every weekday.
- Try doing pilates at home at least once.
- Buy John’s Christmas presents.
- Finish at least one of the many books I’m in the middle of reading.
- Plan out all of the Thanksgiving recipes I’m going to make this year.
- Take a long walk on Thanksgiving day.