The wedding is now 13 days away. It feels so weird to be saying that! I remember registering our wedsite and the countdown ticker saying 400 something odd days. Now we’re down to 13. It feels freaky and crazy and exciting all at once. Everything is going great though. I feel calm and organized. My biggest problem is just being impatient.
I have some random thoughts having to do with these final weeks and I thought I’d write about them here…
1) When I’m not doing wedding stuff, working, or working out, I’m doing nothing. I mean, I’m always doing something but lately doing very little feels like nothing. And that feels really good. For example, last night after my bridal shower I came home, unpacked all our gifts, ordered a pizza, started on our thank you cards, and watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and the Lady Gaga Monsterball special on HBO. Today, John just left to stop by a friend’s cookout and I’m just here, in the office, catching up on Google Reader and enjoying the awesome breeze coming in the window next to me. I feel guilty sometimes for just taking it easy but I also feel very calmed by it.
2) I’ve been sleeping so poorly for the past 2 weeks. It’s not because I’m anxious or stressed or have a lot on my mind. I’m just so restless. And I get sleepy on the couch but by the time I’m in bed I’m wide awake again. Or I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t fall back to sleep. I need some techniques for better sleeping I think.
3) Somehow I keep forgetting about our honeymoon! In less than 2 weeks we’ll be married but we’ll also be on vacation for a whole week. I cannot wait and am super excited to go away!!
4) Between hand writing all of our escort cards and so many thank you cards, my pinky feels all weirdly tweaked. I guess that’s a high class problem to have.
5) Our office has turned into wedding central. It’s piled high with filled boxes, tupperwares, bags, and duffles. I can’t wait to get this stuff out of here!
That’s it for now. Off to go write some more thank you notes!