Today marks 5 months until our wedding. It feels so exciting and thrilling; I keep having these moment where I fantasize about walking down the aisle or dancing at the reception or seeing all of our family and friends in the same room and it overwhelms me to tears of joy. It also feels a little terrifying, like there was once this huge window to do all of the planning and preparation and it’s just slowly closing day by day. I’m just hoping to stay in the moment and remain calm during these last few months.
There are, of course, both the positive and negative aspects of planning a wedding that I’ve been dealing with:
The Good Stuff
- Bridesmaid dresses are slowly coming in and all look fabulous.
- Our invitations are being delivered Thursday and I cannot wait to see them.
- I’ve been really kicking butt with the “Bride Arms Workout” John planned out for me.
- I learn something awesome about Portland daily that I insist we do during our honeymoon.
- My family is helping so much with a ton of the crafty/DIY/DIT things I want to do. It’s so helpful and awesome to get other perspectives on my ideas.
- At some point I know I’m going to have my F*ck It Moment and, after reading that APW blog, I’m ok with that.
The Bad Stuff
- Nightmares. Holy crap, the nightmares. I have them a few times a week now. Here are some common themes:
- My Dress – it’s black, it’s not the right one, it’s damaged, I can’t find it, it doesn’t fit, etc.
- The Venue – it’s Chester’s but it isn’t, it rains, nothing is set up, there are no tables and chairs, etc.
- The Timing – it’s the big day but I think I still have months, I forget the date, other people forget the date, people don’t show up, people only come for 30 minutes, etc.
- The Wedding Fund is slowly dwindling. Ugh.
- There are still a few of things we haven’t started to do yet that we need to start on ASAP (flowers, booze, collecting everyone’s addresses, RSVP cards).
All in all things are going well it’s just a lot on top of work, the holidays, getting in shape, and trying to have a personal life. I keep telling people that wedding planning is like having an unpaid part time job. Still, I’m happy and so excited the day is almost here!