Wow, is it really September 1st? I think between our cross country road trip, wedding planning, and my new job, this summer just flew by without me noticing. It’s official – Fall is coming!
Things I love about Fall:
- Football! (pro and college – Let’s Go Eagles!)
- My birthday (October 15)
- Our annual apple picking trip for my birthday
- Good tours start again (currently I have tickets for Mates of State, Jimmy Eat World, the annual Big D and the Kids Table Halloween show, Saves The Day/Say Anything/Motion City Soundtrack, and Reel Big Fish/Aquabats)
- Crunchy leaves
- Brisk walks
- No more air conditioning (it bothers my sinuses and allergies all summer)
- Related: Leaving the windows open 24/7
- Baking like a crazy person (does anyone else go in to pastry chef mode?)
Things I don’t particularly love about Fall:
- Work gets crazy busy (that’s Higher Ed. for ya)
- No more Farmer’s Markets
- The SoWa Open Market closes until next summer
- Daylight Savings Time (and how hard it becomes to get up in the morning when it’s dark)
There are a bunch of specific things I’m looking forward to this Fall too: Labor Day Weekend (we’re camping in a yurt!), another wedding dress fitting, Matt & Danielle’s wedding in Seattle, my dad’s coming to visit for a week, the annual Fluff Festival in Union Square, my birthday fun, Thanksgiving in Syracuse, a mini trip up to Burlington, VT in November, and we’re planning a little getaway to Montreal in December.
What are you favorite, and not so favorite, things about Fall?